Although we are physically distanced during this pandemic, we are still spiritually connected. In supporting each other, we can become stronger and closer during this difficult time. We hope to sit with you, hear you and see you through our Zoom meetings. To attend any meeting below please email email@example.com. Access a free Zoom account here.
To see our special events calendar click here.
Weekly Digital Events Calendar (Eastern Daylight Time)
Threefold Sangha Dharma Talk and Discussion
- Sunday 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. hosted by The Zen Studies Society (ZSS) and Zen Center of Syracuse (ZCS) 30 minutes of zazen, followed by Dharma Talk and large-group discussion
Note: Newcomers, please attend Intro to Zen on Wednesday 7:00-8:30 p.m. before joining
Introduction to Zen Meditation
- Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Hosted jointly by ZSS and ZCS. Introductory instruction in Zen meditation, followed by meditation and informal discussion. No experience necessary.
New York Zendo Shobo-ji Zazen and Sangha Meeting
- Tuesday 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
40 minutes of zazen, followed by peer-to-peer practice discussion
Zen Center Syracuse Zazen and Sangha Meeting
- Tuesday 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. hosted by ZCS
30 minutes of zazen, followed by practice discussion
- Engaged Buddhism Dharma Discussion Group meets first Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Racial Solidarity Sangha meets second Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Critical Buddhist Study meets third Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Engaged Buddhism Open Meeting on fourth Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
6 – 6:40 a.m. and 7 – 7:40 a.m., hosted by ZCS
Two 40-minute periods of zazen
- Tuesday 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by ZCS
60 minutes of zazen
- Monday through Friday 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by Genno
30 minutes of zazen followed by optional informal discussion
- Wednesday 12 – 12:30 p.m. hosted by Daishi
30 minutes of zazen
- Thursday, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. hosted by ZCS
Two 40-minute periods of zazen with a 10-minute break between
- Thursday, 6:45 – 8:45 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
Lineage chanting and three periods of zazen with walking meditation (kinhin) in between
- Wednesday & Friday, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
Two 40 minute periods of zazen with a 10-minute break (kinhin) between
- Monday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. hosted by Koge
Tei Dai Denpo chanting, 40 minutes of zazen, Namu Dai Bosa.
Dokusan and Private Interviews
Through Zoom we are also offering the opportunity for dokusan and private interviews, which are so important to our Rinzai Zen practice. Shinge Roshi holds dokusan on Thursdays from 7-8:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 12-1:30 p.m. for those who have established a student-teacher relationship with her. Chigan Roshi offers early afternoon dokusan every other Wednesday from 1- 2:30 p.m. and on alternate Wednesdays from 7 -8:30 p.m. Hokuto Sensei offers private interviews Mondays, 7-8:30 p.m. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.