Although we are physically distanced during this pandemic, we are still spiritually connected. In supporting each other, we can become stronger and closer during this difficult time. We hope to sit with you, hear you and see you through our Zoom meetings.
To attend any meeting below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access a free Zoom account here.
To see our special events calendar, click here.
Weekly Digital Events Calendar (eastern daylight time):
Threefold Sangha Dharma Talk and Discussion
- Sunday 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. hosted by The Zen Studies Society (ZSS) and Zen Center of Syracuse (ZCS) 30 minutes of zazen, followed by Dharma Talk and large-group discussion. Note: Newcomers, please attend Intro to Zen on Wednesday 7:00-8:30 p.m. before joining this meeting.
As we resume a full calendar of in-person meetings in 2022, there will be some adjustments to our online schedule. The Threefold Sangha gatherings on Zoom will meet once per month, on the Sunday closest to Mandala Day (every 21st of the month). The scheduled Sunday meetings for 2022 are: March 20; May 22; June 19; Oct. 23 and Nov. 20.
Introduction to Zen Meditation
- Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Hosted jointly by ZSS and ZCS. Introductory instruction in Zen meditation, followed by meditation and informal discussion. No experience necessary.
New York Zendo Shobo-ji Zazen and Sangha Meeting
- Tuesday 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji. 40 minutes of zazen, followed by peer-to-peer practice discussion.
- Engaged Buddhism Dharma Discussion Group meets first Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here.
- Racial Solidarity Sangha meets second Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here.
- Critical Buddhist Study meets third Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here.
- Engaged Buddhism Open Meeting on fourth Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here.
- Monday through Saturday 6 – 6:40 a.m. and 7 – 7:40 a.m., hosted by ZCS. Two 40-minute periods of zazen
- Tuesday 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by ZCS. 60 minutes of zazen
- Monday through Friday 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by Genno. 30 minutes of zazen followed by optional informal discussion. (No meetings Dec. 20 to 31)
- Wednesday 12 – 12:30 p.m. hosted by Daishi. 30 minutes of zazen
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7-8:45 p.m. Hosted by NYZ, han, chanting (download the Sutra Book), two 40-minute periods of zazen with a 10-minute break between. (Note: Meetings not held during sesshin.
- Monday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. hosted by Koge. Tei Dai Denpo chanting, 40 minutes of zazen, Namu Dai Bosa.
Dokusan and Private Interviews
Through Zoom, we are also offering the opportunity for dokusan and private interviews, which are so important to our Rinzai Zen practice. Shinge Roshi offers dokusan on Thursdays from 7-8:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 12-1:30 p.m. for those who have established a student-teacher relationship with her. Chigan Roshi offers early afternoon dokusan every other Wednesday from 1- 2:30 p.m. and on alternate Thursdays from 7 -8:30 p.m. Hokuto Sensei offers private interviews Mondays, 7-8:30 p.m. Please be sure to sign up to receive our communications to be notified once a month of how to sign up for dokusan and/or private interviews. These are also offered during sesshin to all registered Zoom participants.