Although we are physically distanced during this pandemic, we are still spiritually connected. In supporting each other, we can become stronger and closer during this difficult time. We hope to sit with you, hear you and see you through our Zoom meetings. To attend any meeting below please email email@example.com. Access a free Zoom account here.
To see our special events calendar click here.
Weekly Digital Events Calendar (Eastern Daylight Time)
Important Note: Due to the Rohatsu week schedule most meetings will not be held from Nov 30 to Dec 8. Open Zazen at 8:30 a.m. daily and Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. will still occur. All regularly scheduled meetings will resume Dec. 9th.
Threefold Sangha Dharma Talk and Discussion
- Sunday 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. hosted by The Zen Studies Society (ZSS) and Zen Center of Syracuse (ZCS) 30 minutes of zazen, followed by Dharma Talk and large-group discussion
Note: Newcomers please attend Intro to Zen on Wednesday 7:00-8:30 p.m. before joining
Introduction to Zen Meditation
- Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
Introductory instruction in Zen meditation, followed by meditation and informal discussion. No experience necessary
New York Zendo Shobo-ji Zazen and Sangha Meeting
- Tuesday 7:15 – 8:15 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
30 minutes of zazen, followed by practice discussion
- Engaged Buddhism Dharma Discussion Group meets first Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Racial Solidarity Sangha meets second Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Poor People’s Campaign Study Group meets third Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Engaged Buddhism Open Meeting on fourth Wednesday of every month 7-8:30 p.m. Register here
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
6 – 6:40 a.m. & 7 – 7:40 a.m., hosted by ZCS
Two 40-minute periods of zazen
- Tuesday 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by ZCS
60 minutes of zazen
- Every day 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. hosted by Genno
30 minutes of zazen followed by optional informal discussion
- Wednesday 12 – 12:30 p.m. hosted by Daishi
30 minutes of zazen
- Thursday, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. hosted by ZCS
Two 40 minute periods of zazen with 10 a minute break between
- Friday, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. hosted by NYZ Shobo-ji
Two 40 minute periods of zazen with 10 a minute break (kinhin) between
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. hosted by Koge
Tei Dai Denpo chanting, 40 minutes of zazen, Namu Dai Bosa.
Dokusan and Private Interviews
Through Zoom we are also offering the opportunity for dokusan and private interviews, which are so important to our Rinzai Zen practice. Shinge Roshi will be holding dokusan on Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. and on Fridays from noon to 1:30 p.m. for those who have established a student-teacher relationship with her. Dokuro Osho will be available for personal interviews Wednesdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Hokuto Sensei will offer personal interviews on Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.