Although we are physically distanced during this pandemic, we are still spiritually connected. In supporting each other, we can become stronger and closer during this difficult time. We look forward to sitting with you, seeing you, and hearing you on Zoom.
To attend any meeting below, just click on the links below. To access a free Zoom account here.
To dial into a meeting by phone, use the meeting ID and Password
+ 1 646 558 8656 (New York local)
+ 1 253 215 8782 (US)
To see our special events calendar, click here.
Weekly Digital Events Calendar (Eastern Standard Time):
Threefold Sangha Sundays
- Online meetings with a teisho or Dharma talk will be held monthly on the third Sunday (closest to Mandala Day, the 21st of the month). We’ll start at 10 a.m. with a Mandala Day celebration, which will include chanting Chapter 25 of the Lotus Sutra ((download PDF) led by the residents at the Zen Center of Syracuse Hoen-ji. Kinhin and a period of zazen will follow. At 11:55 there will be a talk by Shinge Roshi, Chigan Roshi, or Hokuto Sensei, ending at 12:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 707 637 406
- On Sundays when no talk is scheduled, you are welcome to join us at ZCS at 10 a.m. for morning service followed by two periods of zazen. The meeting will end at 12:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 707 637 406
Introduction to Zen Meditation
- Wednesday 7-8:30 p.m. Hosted jointly by ZSS and ZCS. Introductory instruction in Zen meditation, followed by meditation and informal discussion. No experience necessary. (Note: Meetings not held during sesshin. Check calendar here.)
Meeting ID: 830 5980 9854
- Engaged Buddhism Dharma Discussion Group with Jifu Devyani Sadh. First Wednesday of every month. 7-8:30 p.m. Register
- Racial Solidarity Sangha with Seiho Morris and Jasmine Syedullah. Second Wednesday of every month. 7-8:30 p.m. Register
- Critical Buddhist Study with Yuki Eric Michels. Third Wednesday of every month. 7-8:30 p.m. Register
- Engaged Buddhism Open Meeting with Jikyo Bonnie Shoultz Sensei and Dr. Michael Fayne. Fourth Wednesday of every month. 7-8:30 p.m. Register
Ongoing Online Meetings
- Monday through Saturday 6-6:40 a.m. and 7-7:40 a.m., hosted by ZCS. Two 40-minute periods of zazen.
Meeting ID: 742 716 369
- Tuesday 8:30-9:30 a.m. hosted by ZCS. 60 minutes of zazen.
Meeting ID: 622 175 686
Dokusan and Private Interviews
Through Zoom, we are also offering the opportunity for dokusan and private interviews, which are so important to our Rinzai Zen practice. Shinge Roshi offers dokusan on Thursdays from 7-8:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 12-1:30 p.m. for those who have established a student-teacher relationship with her. Chigan Roshi offers early afternoon dokusan every other Wednesday from 1-2:30 p.m. and on alternate Thursdays from 7-8:30 p.m. Hokuto Sensei offers private interviews Mondays, 7-8:30 p.m. Please be sure to sign up to receive our communications to be notified once a month of how to sign up for dokusan and/or private interviews. These are also offered during sesshin to all registered Zoom participants.