One of the oldest Rinzai Zen Buddhist organizations in the U.S., the Zen Studies Society offers lay and monastic Zen training at its city temple New York Zendo, its mountain monastery Dai Bosatsu Zendo, and online — through daily zazen meetings, regular multi-day retreats, and private meetings with our teachers.
Although ZSS has many dedicated and talented volunteers, it relies on the financial support of the Sangha and extended community of Dharma friends to maintain its temples and sustain the practice of its monastics. In Buddhism, dana (generosity) is one of the Six Perfections. Your monthly contribution supports the Zen Studies Society’s work to continue offering this transformational practice — a practice that is needed now more than ever.
Thank you in advance for your generous support.
Suggested monthly dues:
- Individuals: $60
- Couples or families: $90
- Associate members (students and those who live outside of New York City): $40
- Online members (only attending online): $20
If you would like to support the Zen Studies Society by becoming a member but are unable to afford the suggested amount, please email the New York Zendo office to arrange a monthly membership donation at a level that is appropriate for you. Your commitment to support ZSS at any level is important and gratefully received. Every amount helps.
- Unlimited access to the regular morning and evening zazen meetings at New York Zendo. ($10 suggested donation per evening for non-members)
- One free Introduction to Zen Weekend at Dai Bosatsu Zendo. Or bring a friend free with your paid attendance. Subject to availability.
- One free night at O-An Cottage with a two-night stay. Subject to availability.
10% discounts on all bookstore purchases and on most events at DBZ and NYZ.