It is the essence of our practice to commit to maintaining a healthy environment for everyone in our Dharma family. Our Sangha includes people who are elderly, who are immunocompromised, and who live with various other health challenges. It is our responsibility to do our best to care for each other’s well-being.
With this in mind, please familiarize yourself with the following protocols before attending any in-person event at New York Zendo or Dai Bosatsu Zendo — including daily zazen, kessei, sesshin, celebrations and ceremonies. Please email the Dai Bosatsu Zendo office or the New York Zendo office if you have any questions.
- A seasonal influenza vaccine and full Covid vaccination, including boosters, are strongly recommended.
- To limit the risk of infection, we ask that you carefully and honestly assess your health before coming to our temples. Please stay home if you have even mild symptoms (including runny nose, sore throat, cough, sinus/nasal congestion, loss of smell, fever, or gastrointestinal symptoms, body aches or fatigue). Symptoms may precede a positive Covid test result by several days, or may indicate influenza or another infection that will not be detected by testing for Covid. While we appreciate that it is a hardship to miss an event you have planned for, this is the single most important precaution you can take to protect both yourself and other Sangha members.
- Do not attend if you have been exposed to someone with influenza, Covid-19 or any other infection, even if you do not have symptoms.
- For events at Dai Bosatsu Zendo, on the day you travel, before leaving, take a Covid rapid test and send us the photo of your negative result by email.
- Wearing a mask is optional. However, sesshin participants must bring a supply of N-95 or KN-95 masks with them, in case they become necessary — for example, if someone becomes ill during the sesshin.
- If you need to cancel due to illness, the full amount paid will be credited toward registration for a future event, refunded, applied to online attendance, or you may designate the amount as a donation.
Thank you for joining us in our efforts to protect the health and well-being of everyone in the Sangha.