About the Zen Studies Society
The Zen Studies Society (ZSS) is a Buddhist community dedicated to realizing and actualizing our true nature. Cultivating an atmosphere of respect, harmony, deep insight, and boundless compassion, we offer the simple yet profound teachings and practice of Zen Buddhism at our mountain monastery and our city temple under the auspices of the Society. The Zen Studies Society was established in 1956 to support the Buddhist scholar D.T. Suzuki in his efforts to introduce Zen to the West and is one of the oldest Zen Buddhist organizations in the United States.
- Title: Volunteer Sangha Care and Fundraising Coordinator
- Classification: Part-time (1 hour/week)
- Compensation: Not Applicable
- Reports to: Development and Communications Committee Chair
We are seeking an empathetic and dedicated volunteer to support the ZSS Development and Communications Committee as a Sangha Care and Fundraising Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for connecting with our Sangha through personal emails and phone calls to provide support, share updates, and engage in fundraising initiatives. Your efforts will play a vital role in building a strong sense of community and contributing to our fundraising goals.
- Reach out to members of our Sangha community through phone calls or emails to check in on their well-being, offer support, and provide a listening ear.
- Maintain a compassionate and empathetic approach during conversations, demonstrating genuine care for each individual.
- Keep detailed records of needs or concerns raised during the calls.
- Contact Sangha members to share information about ongoing fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Communicate the impact of donations on our programs and community, emphasizing the value of their support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with people over the phone and email.
- Compassionate nature, with the capacity to listen actively and respond sensitively.
- Passion for community engagement, care, and fundraising initiatives.
The Zen Studies Society is a mission-driven religious organization. We expect all personnel representing the organization to strive to embody our organizational values of integrity, generosity, community, compassion and wisdom in all their work and interactions with members of our community, as well as with the broader public.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Volunteer Sangha Care and Fundraising Coordinator.