In-person participation at all events at New York Zendo and Dai Bosatsu Zendo — including daily zazen, kessei, sesshin, celebrations and ceremonies — must comply with the following Covid-19 protocols. You may also email the DBZ office or the NYZ office with any questions on our Covid protocols.
New York Zendo Shobo-ji
• Proof of full vaccination is required. Boosters strongly recommended. Please bring your vaccine card, a photo of it, or present your New York State Excelsior Pass on arriving at the zendo.
• You must wear a mask that fully covers your nose and mouth at all times while inside the temple.
• Do not come to the temple if you feel unwell, have any cold-like symptoms or have been exposed to someone with a Covid-19 infection. Do not come to the temple.
Dai Bosatsu Zendo Kongo-ji
• Proof of full vaccination is required and must be received by the DBZ office three days in advance of your arrival. Boosters strongly recommended.
• Proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival is required. Please send an email with your test results to the DBZ office before you arrive. You must self-isolate after taking the PCR test.
• A negative rapid test taken before leaving on the day you travel. Send a photo of this to the DBZ office.
• Continue to self-isolate while traveling. If you must stop for a break or for gasoline, please stay outside in the open air and maintain social distancing.
• For those who travel with stops or take public transportation, a negative rapid test upon arrival is required. This can be done in your car or on the deck of the Beecher House. Please provide proof of this negative test at the office. If your test is positive, email the DBZ office; do not enter the monastery.
• Masks optional.
• Stay home if you feel unwell, have any cold-like symptoms or have been exposed to someone with a Covid-19 infection. Please email the DBZ office immediately to cancel your plans. Do not come to the monastery.
• All accommodations are single occupancy.