In-person participation at all events at New York Zendo and Dai Bosatsu Zendo — including daily zazen, kessei, sesshin, celebrations and ceremonies — must comply with the following Covid-19 protocols. You may also email the DBZ office or the NYZ office with any questions on our Covid protocols.
New York Zendo Shobo-ji
• Proof of full vaccination is required. Boosters strongly recommended. Please bring your vaccine card, a photo of it, or present your New York State Excelsior Pass on arriving at the zendo.
• You must wear a mask that fully covers your nose and mouth at all times while inside the temple.
• Do not come to the temple if you feel unwell, have any cold-like symptoms or have been exposed to someone with a Covid-19 infection.
Dai Bosatsu Zendo Kongo-ji
• Proof of full vaccination is required and must be received by the DBZ office three days in advance of your arrival. Boosters are strongly recommended.
• A rapid test must be taken before leaving on the day you travel. Send a photo of your negative result to the DBZ office. If you test positive, do not come to the monastery.
• Do not come to the monastery if you have any respiratory symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, congestion, coughing or fever; or any other signs of illness, such as gastrointestinal symptoms.
• Self-isolate while traveling. Do not eat or drink indoors at any restaurants or coffee shops. If you must stop for a break or for gasoline, always wear a mask, stay outside in the open air and maintain social distancing.
• Please bring N-95 or KN-95 masks with you in case changing conditions require wearing them. Also please bring an extra rapid test kit for use at the monastery.
• If you need to cancel due to illness, the full amount paid will be credited toward registration for a future event.